Lunesta 3mg: A Comprehensive Guide
The bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyle make people worldwide suffer from severe sleep disorders, especially insomnia.
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that affects millions of people across the universe. It is making it hard for them to fall asleep or stay asleep.
According to research, it is revealed that adults depending upon their age, require sleep of almost 7-9 hours of sleep in 24-hours.
However, if you are also suffering from the same problem and looking for an effective treatment, Lunesta 3mg is no less than a blessing.
Lunesta is a prescribed medicine that affects chemicals in the brain that might be unbalanced in people suffering from sleep disorders (insomnia).
When is Lunesta 3mg prescribed?
The doctor prescribes Lunesta to people who find difficulty falling asleep. It is very effective in treating the problem of insomnia, and Eszopiclone is the generic name of Lunesta.
It is essential to know that Eszopiclone belongs to a class of medicines known as hypnotics. The medication aids you in sleeping easily by slowing down the activities in your brain.
How is Eszopiclone used to attain high efficacy?
Lunesta comes in a tablet and is taken by mouth with a glass of plain water. This medicine should be taken only once a day before going to bed at night.
It is recommended not to take the tablet with or right after having a heavy or high-fat meal. Lunesta 3mg might not work effectively if it is taken along with high-fat food items.
After buying the medicine, it is important to follow the directions mentioned on the prescription label. If you cannot understand any part, then consult the doctor once.
To enjoy the immediate benefits of the medicine, Eszopiclone should be taken as recommended.
Never try taking medicine less or more often than recommended by the doctor. Taking the medication more can lead to overdose and cause severe side effects.
Once you take the medication, you will start feeling sleepy and sleep for some time, like for 7 to 8 hours. You must accept the pill only before you go to bed for sleeping or after you have gone to your bed but cannot fall asleep.
This medication is taken only when you have the time of staying in bed for 7 to 8 hours after consuming Lunesta.
Not going to bed right after taking Eszopiclone or if you get up early from bed after consuming the medication will make you suffer from hallucinations, dizziness, lightheadedness, and other problems.
During the treatment, the doctor might change your dosage of the pill. Your doctor can increase your dose to ensure better sleep or decrease the dose if you feel too tired in the daytime.
After starting the intake of Lunesta, you will begin sleeping well within 7 to 10 days. But if there is no improvement in the sleep problems or your condition worsens during the treatment, or you notice changes in your behavior, then meet the doctor immediately.
Without talking to your doctor, you must never stop taking this medicine. Gradually, it might be possible that your dose is decreased.
Stopping the intake of Lunesta suddenly might make you experience withdrawal symptoms like stomach & muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, seizures, nausea, and much more.
When you stop Eszopiclone, it is even more challenging to fall asleep and stay asleep than before when you were taking medicine. But don’t get worried because these sleep problems are usual and get better usually without any treatment. Try giving your body time of one or two nights.
What if you miss a dose?
This medicine is taken only at bedtime. But if you forget to take Eszopiclone before going to bed and cannot sleep, then take medication only if you can stay in bed for 7 to 8 hours afterward.
Do you need to follow any special dietary instructions?
It is always better to consult the doctor once before taking alcohol and grapefruit juice.
Who should not take Lunesta 3mg?
There are certain conditions in which doctors do not recommend taking this pill. Lunesta is not taken in the following requirements if you have:
- Allergy to Eszopiclone or any ingredients of the medicine
- Allergic to zopiclone
- Suffer from myasthenia gravis
- Serious liver disease
- Severe breathing difficulties and sleep apnea
- Have already experienced complex behaviors while sleeping, driving, or cooking after taking Lunesta or any other sleep disorders medicine
Intake of Lunesta is also strictly avoided if you are taking other medicines like:
- Azole or antifungal medicines
- HIV protease inhibitors like ritonavir, atazanavir, darunavir, and lopinavir
Are there any precautions and warnings for this medicine to consider?
Want to experience quick results of the medication? If yes, then don’t forget to consider some precautions beforehand.
- Before beginning the intake of Lunesta, it is necessary to inform the doctor about medical conditions or allergies if you have any.
- Whether pregnant or breastfeeding, tell the doctor the correct facts about your health. All the factors might affect the way you take Eszopiclone for treating insomnia.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and other medicines that make you suffer from dizziness. Combining these drugs can be dangerous.
- If you are 65 years or above, then make sure to know the benefits and risks of taking this medicine beforehand.
- Lunesta can cause you to have a coated tongue, a bitter taste in your mouth, or bad breath. These effects can occur when this pill is used, so don’t worry.
- If you have to undergo surgery, including dental surgery, inform the doctor or dentist beforehand that you are taking Lunesta 3mg.
- This medicine might make you suffer from aggressive or agitated behavior. So, if you find any changes in your behavior while taking the drug, consult the doctor directly.
- Sleep medicine might contribute to the symptoms of depression. So, if you have depression or a history of depression, discuss it with the doctor before taking Eszopiclone.
This medicine might affect your medical condition.
Don’t forget to consider the side effects of Lunesta 3mg.
Along with the dosage and precautions of Lunesta, you also need to consider its side effects. Not consuming the medicine as directed by the doctor will cause serious problems.
Some mild side effects disappear as your body adjusts to Eszopiclone with time. On the other hand, some side effects persist and worsen with time, requiring medical attention.
Some of the common side effects of Lunesta 3mg tablet include:
- Drowsiness in daytime
- Loss of coordination
- Dry mouth
- Unpleasant taste
- Painful menstrual periods
If any of these symptoms do not decrease after some time, then without any delay, you must call your doctor once.
Therefore, Lunesta 3mg is a safe medication for treating sleeping disorders but only when taken under the doctor’s supervision. So, please consult your medical professional and start taking it.